Monday, December 15, 2008

Chapter 2. Jesus - the most human of us all.

I really loved this chapter! This chapter embodies who we as Young Life leaders are. My favorite thing about this chapter is that it says this, "It is Jesus then who provides for us the model of what it means to be human"(pg.29)

It is Jesus who is the model of what it means to be human! I feel like we've talked about what it looks like to live like Jesus and to love like Jesus! But I love knowing that we have this life to live that is should be patterned after Jesus!

Another thing that I loved in this chapter is this "We must open our lives enough to let people see that we too laugh and hurt and cry!"(pg.30)

Wow.... is it safe to let high school students in to see us laugh hurt and cry? FORSURE...100% ok... it says that Jesus didn't preach and then leave... Our high school kids deserve to see that we are real, that we hurt and cry and laugh. That is our heart and ya'll Jesus shared his life and his heart and here we are living our lives like Jesus, sharing our hearts and lives with our high school friends! This just gets me soo excited, because this is why we are here in this ministry! to love and to share our lives with high schoolers, the same as Jesus did!

What, I guess, I'm trying to say is that, we have this life of Jesus that we are created to pattern ours after. How cool is that! I was super encouraged by this chapter and I hope that you all were too!

What were some things that stuck out to you!? post your comments!!!
Sorry if my blog was a bit scattered!!

lovelovemary

No comments: